m2cshop WEEE directive
WEEE "Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment"
What is WEEE?
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a new UK legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment
- The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection
- Both M2Cshop and our customers can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment
- We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle
- M2Cshop will undertake their responsibility as a Distributor to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation
How do I know if my product is covered?
Look out for this symbol:
- If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the WEEE Regulations
- Please click here (PDF 271kb) for more details of products that are included in the WEEE Directive
How do I recycle my old products?
- You can take the old waste electrical equipment to your Local Borough's 'Household Waste & Recycling Centre'. Your Local Borough will provide facilities at either civic amenity sites or waste and recycling centres. Some Local Borough's organise regular collection visits to your street, where they will pick up the waste electrical equipment from your doorstep on fixed dates. Please do check with your Local Borough for more details. Click here to find the location of your nearest recycling facility, or
- You can return waste electrical equipment to M2Cshop when you are purchasing a new product from us under our distributer obligations*
- When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient day for you to deliver the old item back to us (at no cost to you)
- Please quote your M2Cshop order id number and describe the item that is to be recycled
- Please give details of the Pick-up address and convenient day for collection
- Please carefully package any item for collection in advance to avoid transit damage
- We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner, at no cost to you
- If the item involved is a small package (e.g. telephones, shavers, etc.), we may request for it to be posted to the address below and we will re-imburse your postage costs
*The new product being purchased has to be like for like (e.g. a telephone for a telephone, not a Hi-Fi for a telephone)
The RoHS Directive
The RoHS Directive, also known as EU Directive 2002/95/EG, came into affect on July 1st, 2006.
The RoHS directive mandates that electrical and electronic products put into the European market within EU states shall contain restrictive levels of the following substances:
- Lead (Pb)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
M2Cshop is fully committed to comply with the RoHS Directive. If you have any queries, please contact us.
29A Eastern Road
Alongside these directives that M2Cshop are legally obliged to comply with, we have developed our own environmentally friendly systems throughout the company. For e.g. M2Cshop recycle 90% of the packaging and carboard boxes used by our suppliers to send goods to us.