M2Cshop’s returns policy has been created to keep our costs down but also to provide a world class service and to make the process easy for you. In addition to this policy you should refer to our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
We will give refunds in accordance with your legal rights, i.e. where goods are proved not to be of satisfactory quality or materially different from those as described.
In other cases (Except for Reasons of Hygiene) we will consider each case on its merit for an exchange, a credit note, or repair.
Please remember that you are not entitled to a refund if:-
- You have simply changed your mind
- You have damaged the goods after you have bought them
- You were aware of the defect before you bought the goods
Please follow the procedures listed below when returning products to us:
- The quickest way for your return to be processed is to first obtain a Return Merchandise Authorisation number (RMA#) by sending a request via e-mail at email@example.com to obtain the RMA#. Returns must be clearly marked with the RMA# (if obtained) and your full name and address to enable us to identify the goods. Where possible also enclose a copy of the invoice or order acknowledgement.
- Goods returned with an RMA# will take approximately 7 business days to be processed whereas goods returned without RMA # will take up to 30 days to process. Where you have informed us in writing that you wish to cancel your order in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Sale refunds will also take up to 30 days to process.
- You are obliged by law to take reasonable care of the goods whilst they are in your possession. We will not consider that you have taken reasonable care of the goods if they have been used in a way or to an extent beyond what would be reasonable when examining the goods in a shop before purchase. If you return your goods (unless faulty) or if you have informed us in writing that you wish to cancel your order in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Sale you should (as applicable) also return the original packaging, together with all manuals, warranty cards and all accessories and documentation provided by the manufacturer.
- Where you return goods to us, you may wish to consider insuring the goods that you are returning. We also suggest the use of a carrier that can provide a ‘proof of delivery’. M2Cshop cannot be liable for any returns that may get lost while in transit back to M2Cshop. Note: For all goods returned, shipping back to M2Cshop is to be paid by the Customer.
Types of Products and Conditions of Return
- Items may be returned in the following cases:
- Customer has received the wrong goods due to an error on our part.
- Customer rejects the receipt of goods and these goods are returned unopened within 7 days of receipt
- Customer has received faulty goods and is returning them within 7 days of receipt
- Customer wants a replacement equal to or higher than the original value of the returning item.
- In addition to your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations (see Terms and Conditions of Sale), most items may be returned for refund (excluding P&P charges) or exchanged provided we receive them within 7 days of shipping. However, this right does no apply to certain items such as personalised products, perishable goods and audio or video recordings or computer software which has been opened. This assumes that the goods have not been used and are in pristine condition. We will not consider that you have taken reasonable care of the goods if they have been used in a way or to an extent beyond what would be reasonable when examining the goods in a shop before purchase. Acceptances of all returns are subject to inspection upon receipt. All the returned goods must be in original factory packing, including all packing materials, manuals, un-filled warranty cards. Goods will not be accepted if the product is not received IN THE ORIGINAL CONDITION or MISUSED rendering the product non-saleable as new. All returns after 7 days of shipping which are not deemed faulty or are not being exchanged, attract a re-stocking fee of 25% of the product value or a minimum charge of £10.00, which ever is higher.
- Clearance items may be returned or you may inform us in writing that you wish to cancel your order within 7 business days of receipt of the goods in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations, unless faulty, in which case they must be returned within 14 days of the shipping date.
- Where goods are returned as faulty after 14 days of shipping and are still under warranty, we reserve the right to return the product to the manufacturer for repair or replacement. If this should happen then it is likely that the repair or replacement could take up to 30 days or more to process. In some cases we may advise you to contact the manufacturer directly as they offer tailored end user warranties and in some cases on-site replacement and are therefore better placed to resolve any problems.
- In the case of consumables (such as toner, ink cartridges, drum and paper) where the suitability/compatibility of the product is ascertainable without breaking the factory seal, and the factory seal is broken, this is likely to amount to a breach of your legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods.
- Software that has been opened and is not defective cannot be returned in any circumstances. Unopened software may be returned in accordance with this returns policy.
- If you request a replacement, we will ship your replacement after we have processed your returned product. We will create a credit note for your account to the value of the item(s) being returned and a new order will be created by us for the replacement item(s), which you can track from the ‘Orders’ section of our website. No funds will be taken from your credit card during this process unless express permission has been given.
- If you return an item to us outside the terms of our returns policy and Approval Guarantee and your statutory rights do not apply, we may not refund you. The item may be returned back to you at your expense. You will be notified of this and other associated charges. If you send the item back to us again or refuse to accept delivery, this will be deemed to be an irreversible instruction for us to dispose of your goods without further notice. Disposal will not constitute any admission on our part that we have failed in any way to honour out obligations to your in full and will not constitute any unlawful action against the goods.
Returns Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Under what circumstances can I return the item?
A. Items may be returned in the following circumstances: (also see Terms and Conditions of Sale)
- You have received the wrong goods due to an error on our part.
- You reject the receipt of goods and these goods are returned unopened within 7 days of receipt.
- You have received faulty goods and are returning them within 14 days of receipt.
- You want a replacement equal to or higher than the original value of the returning item.
- You have informed us in writing that you wish to cancel the order in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Sale and by returning the goods unopened within 7 days of receipt.
How do I obtain an RMA number?
A. By sending a request via e-mail to obtain the RMA#. Returns must be clearly marked with the RMA# (if obtained) and your full name and address to enable us to identify the goods.
What is the best way for me to return my items to you?
A. We always advise our customers to use some form of delivery that requires a signature on delivery. The majority of items are returned to us using Royal Mail Special or Recorded Delivery.
I sent my item back to you but I didn't put the Returns number on the outside of the package as you requested, will this cause a problem processing my return?
A. If there is no Returns Merchandise Authorisation number ("RMA") on the outside of the package then there is a good chance that this will lead to delays of up to 30 days or more in processing your return. To avoid this delay, we recommend that if you wish to return goods you first obtain a RMA number by selecting ‘Returns’ from the ‘Account’ menu and following the instructions.
I have received an incorrect item, what should I do?
A. You should obtain an RMA number by sending a request via e-mail to obtain the RMA#, once you have obtained the RMA# you must return the item to us using a traceable and insured delivery agent (e.g. Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery via Royal Mail), please enclose a proof of postage receipt and we will fully reimburse you for the cost of the returning the item(s) back to us on the understanding that the item(s) has been supplied incorrectly. Alternatively you can request that we collect large items from you using our courier, if we find the item(s) have been supplied correctly a charge may be incurred for the collection.